About General Surgery
Dr. Surya Challa is a highly regarded general surgeon, vein specialist and cosmetic medical expert in Chesapeake, Virginia. Dr. Challa is on staff at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at EVMS. He is Board Certified in General Surgery and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM). Additionally, Dr. Challa is a Registered Phlebology Specialist and ABVLM certified physician.
Dr. Challa is also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and member of the American College of Phlebology, American Society for Breast Surgeons, Medical Society of Virginia and the JIPMER Alumni Association of North America.
Dr. Challa performs the full array of procedures offered by a general surgeon at the state-of-art surgical suites at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center. Some of the general surgery procedures consulted on at Chesapeake Vein Center & MedSpa are:
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery or Hernia surgery utilizing the Da Vinci Robotic Surgery technique
- Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery or single site Gallbladder surgery utilizing the Da Vinci Robotic Surgery technique
- Laparoscopic colon surgery for diverticulitis and colon cancers
- Laparoscopic spleen surgery
- Hemorrhoid removal surgery
- Lumpectomies with cosmetic closures
- Breast cancer mastectomies
- Nipple sparing breast reconstruction
- Radiotracer and dye based sentinel lymph node biopsies
- …and more
We are proud to offer premier surgical solutions to our Hampton Roads and Chesapeake patients. Surgeries are offered at the state-of-the-art Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and the outpatient surgical center Operating Rooms. We understand that undergoing surgery can be difficult and stressful; for this reason, we offer our Chesapeake, VA patients Dr. Challa’s surgical expertise coupled with comprehensive and compassionate solutions from our caring staff. We look forward to helping you achieve optimal health and wellness.
To learn more about general surgery at Chesapeake Vein Center and MedSpa, contact us today at 757-663-5461.